MPS Before & After School Programs
The Malden Public Schools will continue to provide comprehensive before and after school programming that was previously overseen by PCSM for the past nineteen years. Through our varied and flexible programming, we support and challenge the physical, social, and intellectual growth of each student. Our academic activities support the work students do during the school day; and our recreational activities foster sportsmanship, healthy competition, teamwork, and fair play. All programs provide students with activities that promote healthy lifestyle choices and help decrease risky behaviors.
Before and After School programs are now available at the Beebe, Forestdale, Linden, and Salemwood Schools with offerings for grades K-5 and 6-8. Programs include school-year and summer enrichment opportunities as well as February and April vacation camps. The Early Learning Center will also offer before and after school programming.
Registration for all programs will be available online mid-August. Please keep checking back for updates!
All programs begin on Tuesday September 4th with a rolling registration throughout the school year.
Jump Start Before School Program
- Beebe, Forestdale, and Linden School start time is 7:00am. Children should arrive no later than 7:10am. Salemwood School start time is 6:45am. Children should arrive no later than 6:55am.
- Students will register for the program for the entire 2018-2019 school year with a minimum of two days per week. This is not a drop-in program and you will be financially responsible for the days your child is scheduled to attend.
- A one-time registration fee of $25 is required with a daily rate of $5.00.
- Tuition is calculated based on the full school year, a 10% deposit will be required to complete registration. Jump Start will be open each day school is open, including early release dismissals.
- In order for Jump Start to operate, there needs to be a minimum of 10 students enrolled for each morning at each school.
K-5 After School Program
- Beebe, Forestdale, and Linden After School Programs offer two different pick-up times for the following daily rates: 4:15pm Pick-Up is $15 per day; 5:30pm Pick-Up is $17 per day.
- The Salemwood After School Program will run from 3:25-6:00pm for $15 per day.
- There is a $25 registration fee. Tuition is calculated based on the full school year, a 10% deposit will be required to complete registration.
- Daily activities include homework support along with recreational fun and other enrichment activities that include community collaborations with Malden Recreation Department, MHS Athletics, Tufts LEGO Engineering, Chinese Cultural Connection, and many more! Club selections will change every 12-14 weeks.
- This is not a drop-in program and you will be financially responsible for the days your child is scheduled to attend. There is a two-day minimum with a set schedule for each session and we will allow one schedule change for each session at no cost.
6-8 After School Program
- Afterschool enrichment for students in grades 6, 7, and 8 runs Monday through Thursday.
- Beebe, Forestdale, and Linden School hours are 2:20-5:00 pm; Salemwood School runs 3:25-6:00pm.
- Club selections will change every 12-14 weeks. Daily activities include homework support along with recreational fun and other enrichment activities that include community collaborations with the Malden Recreation Department, MHS Athletics, Tufts LEGO Engineering, Chinese Cultural Connection, and many more!
- Tuition is $75 per session or $200 for the entire 2018-2019 school year. There is no registration fee.
All K-5 After School Programs have funding set aside for financial aid, based on free or reduced lunch eligibility. There will be a 25% discount for students who qualify for free lunch; and a 20% discount for students who qualify for reduced lunch. We will gather this information automatically through City of Malden Food Services.
The Jump Start Before School and K-5 After School Programs will also offer a 10% sibling discount as well as a 10% discount for City of Malden/Malden Public Schools employees.
The MPS Before & After School Programs does not discriminate in its financial aid policy on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, or disability. Please contact us directly with any questions concerning financial aid.