MPS Before & After School Programs
The Malden Public Schools will continue to provide comprehensive before and after school programming that was previously overseen by PCSM for the past nineteen years. Through our varied and flexible programming, we support and challenge the physical, social, and intellectual growth of each student. Our academic activities support the work students do during the school day; and our recreational activities foster sportsmanship, healthy competition, teamwork, and fair play. All programs provide students with activities that promote healthy lifestyle choices and help decrease risky behaviors.
Before and After School programs are now available at the Beebe, Forestdale, Linden, and Salemwood Schools with offerings for grades K-5 and 6-8. Programs include school-year and summer enrichment opportunities as well as February and April vacation camps. The Early Learning Center will also offer before and after school programming.
Registration has begun! Please go to www.myschoolbucks.com to register for Before and/or After School Programming.
All programs begin on Tuesday September 4th with a rolling registration throughout the school year. Kindergarten start date is Wednesday September 5th.
Students must be registered by Wednesday in order to begin the next Monday.
Steps to complete K-5 After School Program and/or Jump Start registration:
1. Complete the Registration Form for the school/program your child will attend and pay the $25 Registration Fee
2. Make your payment: 2018-2019 Annual Fee (for either K-5 or Jump Start, or both if you have registered for morning and afternoon) – select your child and the number of days/week then choose to either pay in full or select ‘Make this automatic?’ to have automatic monthly payments.
3. Make daily Club Selections (only for K-5 After School Programs): Choose the school/program that your child will attend then select clubs for each day they will attend.
Steps to complete 6-8 After School Program Registration:
1. Complete the Registration Form for the school/program your child will attend; choose to either pay the school year amount of $200 or $75 for one session
2. Make daily Club Selections: Choose the school/program that your child will attend then select clubs for each day they will attend.
Jump Start Before School Program
- Beebe, Forestdale, and Linden School start time is 7:00am. Children should arrive no later than 7:10am. Salemwood School start time is 6:45am. Children should arrive no later than 6:55am.
- Students will register for the program for the entire 2018-2019 school year with a minimum of two days per week. This is not a drop-in program and you will be financially responsible for the days your child is scheduled to attend.
- A one-time registration fee of $25 is required with a daily rate of $5.00.
- Tuition is calculated based on the full school year, a 10% deposit will be required to complete registration. Jump Start will be open each day school is open, including early release dismissals.
- In order for Jump Start to operate, there needs to be a minimum of 10 students enrolled for each morning at each school.
K-5 After School Program
- Beebe, Forestdale, Linden, and Salemwood After School Programs run Monday through Friday from school dismissal time to 6:00pm.
- There is a $25 registration fee. Tuition is calculated based on the full school year, a 10% deposit will be required to complete registration.
- The daily rate is $17. Monthly payments are as follows: 5 days/week $297.50, 4 days/week $238.00, 3 days/week $178.50, and 2 days/week $119.00.
- Daily activities include homework support along with recreational fun and other enrichment activities that include community collaborations with Malden Recreation Department, MHS Athletics, Tufts LEGO Engineering, Chinese Cultural Connection, and many more! Club selections will change every 12-14 weeks.
- This is not a drop-in program and you will be financially responsible for the days your child is scheduled to attend. There is a two-day minimum with a set schedule for each session and we will allow one schedule change for each session at no cost.
6-8 After School Program
- Afterschool enrichment for students in grades 6, 7, and 8 at the Beebe, Forestdale, Linden, and Salemwood Schools runs Monday through Friday from school dismissal time until 6:00pm.
- Club selections will change every 12-14 weeks. Daily activities include homework support along with recreational fun and other enrichment activities that include community collaborations with the Malden Recreation Department, MHS Athletics, Tufts LEGO Engineering, Chinese Cultural Connection, and many more!
- Tuition is $75 per session or $200 for the entire 2018-2019 school year. There is no registration fee.
- Session 1: September 4 – November 30
- Session 2: December 3 – March 15
- Session 3: March 18 – June 12 (depending on the final day of school)
The Jump Start Before School and K-5 After School Programs have funding set aside for financial aid, based on free or reduced lunch eligibility. There will be a 25% discount for students who qualify for free lunch; and a 20% discount for students who qualify for reduced lunch. My School Bucks has all of this information – if your child(ren) qualify you will see the discounted rate on the Annual Fee; it will also automatically calculate a 10% discount for siblings in the same program. We will also offer a 10% discount for City of Malden/Malden Public Schools employees, please contact our office if you are an employee and would like to register your child(ren).
The MPS Before & After School Programs does not discriminate in its financial aid policy on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, or disability. Please contact us directly with any questions concerning financial aid.