POTENTIAL Malden Education Association Strike
● The Malden Education Association (MEA) voted on Friday, October 14, to authorize the MEA Board to initiate a strike if a new contract agreement is not reached this weekend.
● At this point, school is scheduled to be in session on Monday, October 17, as usual.
● However, IF the MEA union leaders decide to hold an illegal strike, there will be no school for students on the day(s) that the strike occurs. No decision has been made yet to cancel school.
● In the event of a strike, all other activities would also be canceled for students – including before- and after-school programs, athletic practices and games, and extracurricular activities.
● We encourage families to begin making alternate arrangements for child care, just in case there is a strike.
● All union and non-union Malden Public Schools employees are required to report to work every day, whether in schools or central offices, regardless of any MEA job actions.
Please check this website for the latest updates on this developing situation.