Dear Malden Public Schools Families and Caregivers,
We are happy to inform you that “Massachusetts has received federal approval to continue providing Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) food benefits to households through summer 2022. P-EBT is a child nutrition program created during the public health emergency to promote increased food security for students and children who missed school or could not attend childcare due to COVID-19.
Summer P-EBT benefits are estimated to provide continued food assistance for the families of approximately 400,000 school-age children, as well as 109,000 children under age six in households that receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.” (Department of Transitional Assistance 7/01/2022)
ALL Malden Public Schools students will receive the following P-EBT benefits for Summer 2022:
- Each K-12 student will receive a total of $391 in P-EBT benefits. K-12 students will start to receive the P-EBT payment on August 3.
- Families who receive SNAP and have a child under age six will start to receive the P-EBT payment of $391 on August 25.
- Families will continue to receive P-EBT on the same card they have in the past. Households who lost their P-EBT card or have not yet applied for a P-EBT card can request a new or replacement card. More information on P-EBT can be found at MAp-EBT.org.
If you need further assistance regarding P-EBT, please contact Pam Stazesky at 781-397-6100 ext 2235.
In addition to the P-EBT benefits for ALL Malden Public Schools students for Summer 2022, Malden also participates in the Summer Eats Program. Summer Eats is a program that provides free meals to all kids and teens at locations across Massachusetts during the summer months. No identification or registration required. Learn more and find a site near you at www.projectbread.org/summereats.
Here are the stops and times for the Malden Public Schools Food Truck:
July 5 – August 12 (Monday – Friday)
Locations and Time:
- Mcdonald Stadium – 11:00-11:20 am
- Lincoln Commons – 11:30-11:50 am
- Coytemore Lea Park – 12:00-12:20 pm
- Trafton Park – 12:30-12:50 pm
Please have a safe and healthy summer!
Malden Public Schools