*Registration for the 2020-2021 is now open! For ALL NEW and RETURNING students: Registration fee must be mailed in for both online or printed out applications.
New Registration Process for 2020-21 School Year
*Applications can be completed online or by mail
- If you choose to print and mail your application, you will need to include the registration fee (check or money order) and the required documents listed below with the application.
- If you choose to apply online, you will need to mail in the registration fee; if you are unable to upload the required documents, you will need to mail them in separately to ELC at this address:
Early Learning Center
257 Mountain Ave
Malden, MA. 02148
*Students must be Malden residents, at least 3 years of age, and fully toilet trained to attend ELC.
In order to complete your online or mailed in application, you will need the following documentation:
- A copy student’s birth certificate
- A copy of the student’s most recent physical exam with immunizations, TB status, and lead test with date and result.
- Proof of Residency (acceptable documentation click here)
- A check or money order for the $100.00 non-refundable registration fee. Checks or money orders should be made payable to Malden Public Schools. No cash will be accepted.
- ALL students, both returning and new students: please mail your registration fee in the form of check or money order to Early Learning Center, 257 Mountain Ave, Malden, MA 02148
Any questions feel free to contact the office at 781-397-7025. *DUE TO SCHOOL CLOSURES AT PRESENT TIME, please email Caroline or Grace at: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Day Information
Currently, ELC participates in a grant funded free breakfast program, which is available to all students attending the Before School Program, Full-day, or Morning Sessions (regardless of family income). Parents will be asked to fill out a form if interested in participating.
Half-Day Sessions: Children attending half-day sessions have daily snack time during both morning and afternoon sessions. (Morning Session students may also participate in the free breakfast program). Please send in a drink and a small lunch or healthy snack for your child. Milk can be purchased each day for $.50 (price subject to change).
Full-Day Sessions: Children who attend full-day classes may participate in the free breakfast program and will have a designated lunch period in the student lunchroom as well as a classroom snack time. Please send in a healthy snack and drink. Lunches/drinks can be brought from home or purchased in school for $2.55 (price subject to change). Monthly menus will be sent home so that you will be aware of what hot and cold meals are available for a particular day.
Before School: (7-8:00 AM) Mon- Fri : Free Breakfast is available or can be brought from home to be eaten during the Before School Program;
After School Program: Please visit https://maldenps.org/mpsbeforeafterschoolprograms/
Hours of Operation:
The ELC Main Office is open Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. – 2:45 P.M.
The ELC follows the Malden Public Schools’ K-8 school calendar, including Early Release days, school vacations, holidays, Teacher Professional Development days, and snow days.
*Tours of the ELC are not available at this time
Income eligible children are entitled to a free. or reduced milk and/or lunch. Forms will be sent home for you to complete. Regardless of eligibility, all families need to fill out the form and return as soon as possible.
We will be talking to the children throughout the year about healthy and nutritious foods. We ask that you reinforce good eating practice by sending your child into school with a healthy snack and/or lunch.
Please send in a change of clothes for your child to keep at school. If your child attends the full-day session please send in a small blanket and pillow for rest time