Salemwood School Council
529 Salem Street
Malden, MA 02148
Mr. Abdel Sepulveda, Interim Principal: email@example.com
Ms. Van Huynh, Asst. Principal,
, Asst. Principal
Salemwood School Council FY15-16
Purpose of School Council:
The Massachusetts Education Reform Act requires that each school form a School Council. The purpose of the School Council is to assist and advise the principal in the following areas: educational goals for the school, educational needs of the students, and the formulation of a School Improvement Plan. The School Council members include the principal, four staff members elected by the staff, four parent/guardian members elected by the parents/guardians, and one community member selected by the principal.
October 2, 2015
Dear Salemwood School Community,
Please welcome the following members to our Salemwood School Council for the 2015-2016 school year.
Salemwood School Parent/Guardian Members:
- Bruna Silva Ribeiro = has children in Grades K & 1
- Brian Farrow = has a child in Kindergarten
- Joao Batista DaCunha = has a child in Grade 6
- Shakeesha Warner = has a child in Grade 4
Salemwood School Staff Members:
- Brian Sheehan = teaches Grade 5-8 Music
- Eleanor Sloane = teaches Grade 4 Co-taught model
- Stacey Scott = teaches Grade 3
- Amanda Maffeo = teaches Grade 6 Study Skills
Salemwood School Community Member:
- Linsey DeVincentis-Wyman from MinuteMan Press in Malden, MA.
Salemwood School Administrative Member:
Abdel Sepulveda, K-8 Interim Salemwood School Principal (Co-Chair).
SchoolCouncil Meeting Dates:
Oct. 9, Nov. 13, Jan.8, Feb.12, March 11, April 15, and May 27.
Thanks to all for running and voting.
Thanks to our PTO for counting the ballots.
All meeting notices will be posted with Central Office at least 48 hours in advance.
All meeting notes will be posted on the Salemwood School Website.
- SW School Council Meeting #1 Notes FY16, 10-09-15 (58K)
- SW School Council Meeting #2 Notes FY16, 11-13-15 (58K)
- SW School Council Meeting #3 Notes FY16, 1-22-16 (58K)
- SW School Council Meeting #4 Notes FY16, 2-12-16 (66K)
- SW School Council Meeting #5 Notes FY16, 3-11-16 (60K)
- SW School Council Meeting #6 Notes FY16, 4-15-16 (60K)