Mentor Professional Development Sessions
Malden’s Mentor Program is based on the Massachusetts Standards for New Teacher Induction and Mentoring Guidelines as well as successes from our own program, and in-depth research in the field.
Please click link for Massachusetts guidelines:
To comply with the new guidelines and better support new teachers, mentors will be required to attend three meetings and participate in one mentor training by summer 2017.
Mentor training for 2016-2017:
- Meeting #1 – September 13, or September 14
- Meeting #2 – January 24, or January 25
- Meeting #3 – April 25, or April 26
- All meetings will take place at Malden High School and will run from 4-6
- Summer PD – TBA. One full day for current mentors and teachers who are interested in becoming mentors