Forestdale Health Office
Kristina Diggin BSN, RN, NCSN
Office Hours: 8:00 AM to 2:15 PM
Please feel free to call anytime with questions or concerns about your child.
*Kindly inform the nurse if there has been any changes in your child’s medications or medical condition. Please send in a copy of your child’s updated physical exam so we may update his/her record.
Please help the school nurse care for your child by
- Informing the nurse if your child has any chronic or acute illnesses.
- Communicating with the nurse directly if medication or health needs change or if they have been exposed to a communicable disease such as a strep infection or chicken pox.
- Updating the phone numbers on your child’s emergency form so the nurse can always reach you.
- Sharing with the nurse if there is an event at home or in the family that may impact your child at school such as serious illness or death of a family member, death of a beloved pet.
Please keep your child home when the following symptoms are present
- Temperature of 100 degrees F or greater within the past 24 hours.
- Student must be temperature free for 24 hours without use of med (tylenol/motrin, etc.).
- Vomiting or diarrhea occurring within the past 24 hours.
- Strep infections of any kind, ringworm, conjunctivitis, or impetigo. These are all contagious infections and must be treated with medication for at least 24 hours before returning to school.
- Rash of unknown origin-this may indicate many different things and should be checked by your pediatrician.
- Pain should be taken seriously, especially in young children. Earaches, toothaches, and headaches should be evaluated.
- Untreated lice (pediculosis) infestation.